When it comes to condenser microphones, the options are so many that you stand a literal chance of being lost. That being said, every audiophile deserves a list of the 3 best condenser mics which can act as the buying guide. A choice must be made considering certain criteria and we have not only listed them out for you but also assembled a handy list which will not fail to disappoint you.
3 Best Condenser Mics: Our Criteria
When it comes to the 3 best condenser mics, it is but natural that there should be some criteria that must be met to separate the wheat from the chaff. The first thing to look for is the build quality of the condenser microphone. It is interesting to note while there are many condenser mics, not all have the same list of features. To be able to get the best mics, you must focus on three crucial points.
- Your condenser mic should have better frequency response when compared to the other type of microphones, the dynamic microphones.
- The condenser mic you choose should have high sensitivity.
- Lastly, you should be able to record high and low frequency sounds from some distance away.
3 Best Condenser Mics: Our Top List
Our top three best condenser mics are:
- MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone: MXL, which was founded in 1980, has made a name for itself by producing a lot of great devices with low price tags. The new MXL 770 has a lot of great features but the one which caught our eye was the high-quality FET preamp which is pre-set to make sure that a balanced sound output, as well as a high dynamic range, is maintained throughout. Given that it is also very rugged and has a tapering design, it is ideal for outdoor use as well.
- Audio-Technica AT2020: Audio Technica is well known across the world for producing a lot of great devices and at minimal prices. The design philosophy of the AT2020 is great and it is distinguishable from the wannabes. Besides, we are also in love with the fact that the wide SPL handling and the better dynamic range on board are greater than most pro choices out there.
- Behringer B-1 Studio Condenser: When it is a Behringer, you need not look any further. Same goes for the B-1 studio condenser as well. It’s ideal for live concerts and inside a studio. Also, we like the price tag, which, although not too low, is quietly superlative.
Hope you will make your choice amoung the 3 best condenser mics we have mentioned in our article. All the best for your next recording session. Check out this page for more latest information.